Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, Bellefont was once the "Big House" for a 5,000 acre plantation and home to Revolutionary War Hero Major Reading Blount.

Bellefont has remained in the Hodges family since 1860 when it was purchased by John Grey Hodges.

With its original nineteen foot wide double chimney and Georgian style architecture, Bellefont is situated in a secluded private setting just where it has stood for over 200 years.